Tuesday, June 16, 2009

10 People/Groups Of People That I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing About


There are some things in this life that really annoy me. I don't like it when guys leave the toilet seat up. I hate it when I walk into my closet to discover that my cat has been sleeping on my black velvet dress. I go crazy when people leave cupboard doors open and don't close them all the way. And, I cannot stand it when I turn on the TV and hear a certain someones name. The same name that you have read in the newspaper and on-line and heard on the radio for the past 6 months. The same person who has a face that even though the average person would think it beautiful, you think is the most hideous thing on the planet, and just thinking of "its" face makes you want to punch them square in the noggin'. You know who I'm talking about. Or do you? I don't have one specific person in mind, because there are MANY people that get to me like that. I have made a list of people who annoy me......... it's quite simple really, to make such a list. All you have to do is remember all the people you've wished to get hit by a car and end up in the hospital. Not to die, of course. No......... just so that they would be out of our sight for a long time. But then again, that probably wouldn't ever work anyway... remember Roy Horn from Siegfried & Roy? The guy got bitten on the neck by his stupid tiger and then all we heard about for 6 months was Roy this... Roy that.... OH, COME ON ALREADY!! The man had it coming to him! The guy parades a tiger around on stage for years on end and he didn't think anything was going to happen? A wild animal is a wild animal!

But still.... MOOving on... here is my list (in no particular order) of people that I wish the media would forget about forever. Or at least for a very, very, very long time.


Jon and Kate Gosselin ("Jon and Kate Plus 8"). I figured I would start off with this one because this family is not one of the ones that I wish that would have something tragic happen to them. I feel for them, I really do. But I they would fall off the face of the planet as far as the media is concerned. Leave them alone for crying out loud! You have a marriage that is falling apart, kids that miss their father, and 4 million people watching their lives going up in smoke every week. Get the camera away from them... come on! All I hear nowadays is two questions, and I have answers for them both: "Should Jon and Kate Plus 8 stop filming and go off air?" - The answer is a major YES. "Should Jon and Kate get divorced?" - You know what? That's their business. How would YOU like it if all of America (and probably Canada and bits of the UK) started commenting on your marriage and how to live your life? The people are hurting... just leave them alone, will yah? Just leave 'em alone.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie ("Brangelina"). I seriously cannot take it anymore. I do not want to hear one more word about them. ESPECIALLY Angelina Jolie....... I don't want to hear one more word about her stupid babies. She has adoptemitis. Maybe she's an adopt-a-baby addict... who really knows? Ah, she has an incurable disease! An ADOPTING disease! I like Saturday Night Live's spoof on her adoption issues (Link: http://www.popcrunch.com/madonna-angelina-jolie-adoption-parody-snl-video-040409/ )... it's great. But anyway, back to my original point (was there really an original point? Hmm...) - I am sick of hearing "They're so cute together" etc... Brad and Angelina this... Brad and Angelina that........ Kill me.

Adam Lambert. The thing that surprises me is that everyone seems to be so shocked that he's gay. I mean really now...... Adam Lambert? Gay? Well cor blimey, I would have NEVER have guessed. I mean, he's seemed as straight as spaghetti (Please note extreme sarcasm)! Could someone please tell me why we are hearing more about the American Idol runner-up than we are the actual winner, Kris Allen? I haven't heard word-one about him since the day after he was crowned as American Idol. Ever since then, it's been all about Adam Lambert. Why is that? Oh right...... because he's gay. People care more about where certain body parts of his have been than the actual very talented winner of the show, who deserves all the glory and fame. I might just take this time to mention that Clay Aiken is gay too (ooh... big shocker once again (Sarcasm)), and he's from American Idol as well. Am I the only one seeing a pattern here?

Carrie Prejean (Miss California). At first i felt sorry for her. She was asked what she thought of gay marriage, and when she spoke her piece about how she feels that marriage is between one man and one woman, people got all upset, and she thought that answering the question in her true opinion was what cost her the crown. Just a little note here before going on - America is a free country... we have rights, enabling us to free speech. That means that we have the right to say whatever we want, to speak our thoughts and express our feelings. When she went on stage and was asked her opinion on gay marriage, she had the right to answer that way. And if that was what cost her the crown, then we have some serious problems people... if we base the results of a scholarship/beauty contest on how someones opinion on ethics turns out, then y'all should seek help. But - back to what I was saying. I felt sorry for her, having felt that she lost the crown to that...... but apparently a lot of other people did too, as well as others who were stark raving mad at her. And now, it's grown into this huge thing and everyone is going on and on about one woman's opinion. And NOW she has been stripped from her title as Miss California because apparently she hasn't fulfilled her duties. Sad, isn't it. You know what was even more sad? Her little (literal) finger-pointing interview on TV about it. You know what Carrie? I don't care anymore. Get over it. Move on. Just like the rest of the world should.

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. Ah yes, the famous leads in the Twilight cast. Twilight itself I am sick and tired of hearing of. VERY sick and tired of hearing of. And before you go on and say "Oh, you don't understand... blah blah blah" and write a 20 page long comment about how Twlight is so freaking awesome, let me tell you something. I read Twilight. I read the whole series. And I became obsessed... for about 5 months (Sept. '07 to Jan. '08 to be exact) all I could talk about was Twilight this and Twlight that....... and then I got a grip on myself. I realized that as wonderful as the books were, they were just that - a book. Fiction. Not real. I moved on. But sadly, it seemed that just as soon as I got over it, a million preteen girls suddenly became obsessed with Edward Cullen and his awesomeness. This just made me roll my eyes a bit. but then, THEN the movie came out. And let me tell you another thing - I have refused to watch it. Mainly because I'm mad at Hollywood for even making a movie, because they're going to screw it up and make it out to be some stupid thing (which is probably is)... but for another reason: Robert Pattinson stars as the main character. Robert Pattinson. Seriously..... WHY? The character is supposed to look like an angel, according to the book. Does Robert look like that? No. He looks like a druggie with bed-head. Why is he even an actor? he can't act, and he's not hot. That's JUST why I hate him too - all the girls go on and on about "OMG, ROBERT IS SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!".......... but I am really just not seeing why they say this. Maybe they're drugged up too? Kristen Stewart is getting on my nerves too, with her stupid face plastered all over the Internet. I wish she would just go away. Her and Pattinson both.

Michelle Obama. This blog is not a political one, I never intended it to be, and hopefully it shan't turn out that way either. Please don't misunderstand me, this is not to put President Obama down in any way. It's his wife that I fully intend to rant about. I am SICK AND TIRED of hearing about her. Especially her arms. I do NOT want to hear about her stupid arms one more time!! It's bad enough that all of us women have to stare at her arms on TV all the time, seeing her flaunt her muscular body about all day, making us hate ourselves because we all have flabby arms... which being so depressed over it makes us go and eat a whole tub of ice cream, trying to make us feel better about ourselves cos we're not beautiful. I don't even get what's so wonderful about her arms anyway. Sure, they're sculpted alright, and they're muscular........ but let's get real here people, she has man-arms. Those ain't no lady-arms..... no way, mmm mmm, no sirree. So why do we care? Second, I dislike her because she thinks she's a freaking princess. Did anybody see pictures of her gardening? I did. Guess what she was wearing? A long black cardigan, long black pants, and black leather boots. To garden in. You know, it could just be my upbringing, but where I come from, we garden in jeans and a crappy old t-shirt. None of this "business casual" stuff. Gardening is the grown-up word for playing in the dirt. With this whole economic crisis going on and all... and what is our first lady telling us to do? "Yeah, go on, wear your best to go garden in... it doesn't matter, you can throw your money away to buy a new outfit!". Mm hmm. Lastly, I dislike Mrs. Obama because -- You know what? That's going to end up getting political, I'm just going to leave it.

Lady Gaga. I am sick of hearing about her. It's not really the fact that I am hearing about her that I hate, it's WHY I'm hearing about her. If I had heard about her because she broke some musical record or something - hey, that's great, tell me more. But all I'm hearing now is about her wardrobe issues, and I am sick of it. Stop being such a slut and put some pants on. Come back and flaunt your stuff when you've got something to flaunt. One little thing - why is the word "lady" in her name? She doesn't seem much of a lady to me. I wouldn't mind poking the "poker face" singer right in her face. You heard me.

Nadya Suleman ("Octomom"). OMG, who even cares? She's a mother with serious mental issues. That makes her one of about 3 million mothers in the US. Just leave the woman alone, will you? No one cares. It's her stupid life, let her screw it up if she wants so... maybe she'll learn for next time.

Anyone from the Disney Channel. This includes Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, Selma Gomez, Demi Lovato, Hilary Duff, Ashley Tisdale, etc. I can't stand these people. First of all, they can't sing. AT ALL. Especially Miley Cyrus. I can sing better than she can, and that's saying something. Second of all, they make horrible TV shows and movies. I won't say that they can't act... they can act. But they are put into such horrible movies that it makes them seem as though that they can't act, which is bad. I dislike these people because everyone idolizes them, worshipping the ground they walk on. I have taken to calling Walmart the "Hannah Montana Shrine"... do you see how bad it is??

Susan Boyle. It's just like Adam Lambert, except worse. Here we are, a losing contestant in a talent show, and she's the one made famous. You know what? I don't really care. So she has a good voice. So what. If she was really all that great, don't you think people would have voted for her to win instead? Exactly. She taught us a great lesson, not to judge a book by its cover. She is outwardly hideous, and yet she has a beautiful voice. She blew us all away......... but now it's time for her to get blown away. Like all the nannies at the beginning of Mary Poppins. Wouldn't that be nice? Some huge wind storm to blow her far, far away? Who knows, she might end up being the new Dorothy for The Wizard of Oz.


Enough for my ranting, what do you think? Who are YOU sick and tired of hearing about? Leave a comment below!

Catch you later!

Annagram


3 comments:

  1. when are you going to write a book... it is going to be the best selling books for the era... you can do that annagram... you are not just gram... or not even kgs.. you are annatons... he, he, he...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I doubt it.... LOL, thank you though!
    "Annagram" is a name that my best friend gave me because I used to be a bit of a mystery to him.... it's kind of his name for me, and only his name for me, not anyone else's. Do you understand what I mean? Oh never mind.
    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to Eskimo Kev - LOL, look, I said "Cor Blimey"! See what you've done to my vocabulary?

    ReplyDelete