Tuesday, June 2, 2009

30 Songs That Make Absolutely No Sense At All (Part One)


So, while returning from my little trip out-of-state (I'm back BAY BAY!!), I had the chance to listen to approximately 5.7 trillion radio stations. Okay, so I exaggerate a little. Well, a lot really. But still... it was a LOT, okay? I spent 8 hours in the car driving. That's a lot of radio stations. Lucky for me, I play radio DJ really well. The passengers of my vehicle, mainly *cough* my mother *cough* don't seem to enjoy it that much, my hitting the Seek button every 10 minutes or so, but you know what? Who cares? I mean, other than them. Anyway, while listening to various songs and DJs - (and might I just add that New York has the best DJs ever? Seriously. They know just how to do it) I realized that there are a lot of weird songs out there. They either make no sense, or the song writers were on some seriously heavy stuff when they wrote the lyrics. Cos some of the songs out there.... yeah. You'll see. Here is my (extremely) long list of strange songs, in no particular order (and yeah... there's a LOT of Beatles in this list, but you know what, it makes me like them even more (So eat THAT Kev! HA! LOL)):

1) "The Man Who Sold The World" by David Bowie/Nirvana. Yeah... this is just one of those songs that makes no sense whatsoever. So, according to the song, this guy meets another guy, a complete stranger who calls him his friend and then goes on to say that he never lost control, but that he was the man who sold the world. If this is supposed to make any sense, please enlighten me. (Links for the song!: Bowie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSnXjE66tvQ Nirvana - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=209ArurxVG4 )

2) "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" by The Beatles. First of all, who is Mr. Kite? And why is Henry the Horse Dancing the waltz? Am I blonde when asking this? I mean, were Mr Kite and Henry the Horse historical figures, and I have just not been told about them or something? Whatever. It's weird. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dL9I7j2-Lo )

3) "Father Figure" by George Michael. As catchy as this song is, it's so freakishly disturbing. Seriously, what was going on here when the writers scribbled this one down? "That's all you wanted, someone sacred in your life, just for one moment, to be warm and naked at my side"... he's got the whole Lover thing going on, right? Then comes the chorus - "I will be your father figure, put your tiny hand in mine, I will be your preacher teacher, anything you have in mind, I will be your father figure".... So he's gone paternal, right? Let's go to the bridge, shall we? "If you are the desert, I'll be the sea, if you ever hunger, hunger for me, whatever you ask for, that's what I'll be".... WHAT exactly is going on here? I don't think I want to know. (Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJu170h7EhE )

4) "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley. This song is beautiful, I must admit. It's one of my favorite songs ever... but it makes no sense. None whatsoever. The thing I don't get is why everyone seems to think that it's some kind of spiritual song... *Laughing* Even I can tell that it has to do with something dirty, I mean come on. But just WHAT it is about exactly, I don't think we'll ever know. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-bqfb4KQKU )

5) "Bicycle Race" by Queen. Before I say anything, I am going to say flat-out that I hate this song. I hate it so bad, and I will literally start crying if I hear it too many times, because I hate it so bad. It's annoying and horrible, and I can't bear it. But still, I am posting a link. Why that is, I don't know. Maybe because I want to annoy you too? I dare you to click the link. I DARE you. Anyway, this song makes no sense because it is completely pointless. He wants to ride his bicycle.... I'm sorry, "I want to ride my bicycle"... repeat twenty million times. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGuEy2cMGQ ) Now this song is going through my head. *Crying*

6) "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65. This song is awesome, and I don't care what you say. But- it IS weird. Mainly because the song is blue. Literally. According to the lyrics, there's a guy who "lives in a blue world, and all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue, like him inside and outside. Blue his house with a blue little window, and a blue corvette, and everything is blue for him and hisself, and everybody around, cos he ain't got nobody to listen to". An no, the chorus is NOT "I'm blue, I was beat as a child", like some have assumed. Although, I must say, that would put a very interesting twist on it. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA52uNzx7Y4 )

7) "Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These" by The Eurythmics. This song... what is with it? It makes no sense whatsoever. "Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree? Travel the world and the seven seas, everybody's looking for something... Some of them want to use you, Some of them want to get used by you, Some of them want to abuse you, Some of them want to be abused"... what? (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlE3Zhjz7qw (very weird video, Lennox scares me. I love this song though...))

8) "Love Me Dead" by Ludo. I'm just going to say... yeah, wow. I love the vocabulary in this song, who ever wrote it must have been holding a thesaurus. And the piece of music is great, I'll give it that... but the lyrics... "Love me cancerously, like a salt-sore soaked in the sea. 'High-maintenance' means you're a gluttonous queen, narcissistic and mean. Kill me romantically, fill my soul with vomit then ask me for a piece of gum. Bitter and dumb, you're my sugarplum.You're awful, I love you!". Excuse me, WHAT? (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCU1JYmGxcA (don't watch this if you know what's good for you))

9) "I Am The Walrus" by The Beatles. This song makes me laugh, it really does... it's almost as if when they wrote this, they pulled lyric strips out of a hat and pieced it together. Completely random. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1diTosC8G-4 )

10) "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by The Tokens. Really, I don't have words. This song is great, but really, it's like they wrote it just for the Lion King, and only for that reason. Weird. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo )

11) "Boris The Spider" by The Who. *Shaking head* Obviously a song written while on something illegal. By the way, I have a fear of spiders, so I didn't even bother watch this video. Have fun. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgRPu9YZg98 )

12) "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. Another one that was written while on drugs. Please take note how Kurt sang with marbles in his mouth through the whole song. What was it that Weird Al said? "What is this song all about, Can't figure the words out, how do the lyrics go? I wish you would tell me. Don't know, don't know..." (Links: Nirvana - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXO3OMGKPpw Weird Al's Parody - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnuHJZMdako )

13) "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson. So, it makes partial sense. A little, I guess. But I don't feel like going deep on it. Do you? By the way, for all of you who are worried about me, don't worry, this is the only MJ song I listen to. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En-cHBv7UpA )

14) "Horse With No Name" by America. The guy is out in the desert, right (why, in the first place, did he plant his butt in the desert is a good question to start with, but I'm just going to get it go)? He goes on and on...... and on.... and on....... but you know what I want to know? If he spends 9 freaking days in the desert on a horse with no name, why doesn't he just name the stupid horse? Hmm? Probably because the writer was, once again, too stoned to give it a name. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0KKGdb4qUY )

15) "Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Danger. Is it sad that as whacked out as this song it, I quote it all the time? It's just, oh so true. "Paranoia, paranoia, Everybody's coming to get me, just say you never met me... I'm runnin' underground with the moles, diggin' holes... Hear the voices in my head, I swear to God it sounds like they're snoring... But if you're bored then you're boring, the agony and the irony, they're killing me, whoa!".................................... Yeah. I need to seek professional help. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBgmC_USeoM )


Well, that's it, I am running out of time to type, so I shall finish my list next Tuesday, hopefully it shall be better than this one! Stick with me people, stick with me. (*Silently praying* Oh, I hope that the links work this time...)

I'll catch you later y'all!! -Annagram

3 comments:

  1. nice that you are back home safe... no comments of your blog... i know you hate seeing my messages on this blog... i will try not to write anything on this... just excited after seeing you from your vacation.. this is why i have made these comments... take care a lot and God bless you all.
    naan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I welcome all comments on the blog itself, "Naan".

    ReplyDelete
  3. no blog. comments

    ReplyDelete