Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"30" Songs That Make Absolutely No Sense At All (Part Two)


So, my original plan was for me to finish writing my list of 30 songs that make no sense whatsoever this evening, but I have a slight dilemma. I have, in face, lost my list. I complied a list of a trillion songs that make no sense (slightly exaggerating once again... "trillion" is my favorite numerical adjective, ask anyone) on a piece of white notebook paper and left it by the side of my computer. I put it RIGHT THERE *pointing at a spot on the desk*, and yet it has disappeared. It's my own fault I guess, I make too many lists. I have a list for everything, I am not kidding. I have notebooks FILLED with lists (and half-written letters, poems and short stories, but that's beside the point). I am a list person, they work for me! My problem is the reason of which I write the lists is to remember things... I never seem to think about what will happen if I actually LOSE the list, now do I? I have ripped my office apart looking for it, I actually got down on my hands and knees and crawled around on the floor looking for it (I got my hair caught in the fan, I might add. See? I'm going through pain for you guys.... I'm such a martyr, sacrificing my long locks of hair for your amusement. *Putting hands up like a Stop sign thing* It's okay, you don't need to thank me, really...), but to no avail.

So, here is my "Anna is trying her best to try and remember songs that she scribbled down in the car 2 weeks ago while driving home" list... I am aiming for a total of 25 songs, HOPEFULLY I will go over and remember all 30.


16) "Numa Numa (Dragostea Din Tei)" by O-Zone. This song is Romanian, so you have to read the translated version of the lyrics to understand what they are saying ( http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/o/o_zone/numa_numa_english_version.html ). When you DO read the translated lyrics though, you will only get a small bit of a understanding of the song. Cos if you ask me, it still doesn't make any sense. It's a bit dizzy, really. "When you leave my colors fade to gray, Numa Numa Yay Numa Numa Numa Yay"........ Okay then. I might just add that this is SUCH a fun song. I'm dissing it, yes, but I love it. I can't help it. You can't NOT dance to it, or at least sing along.... I can speak Romanian! Well, one nonsense song worth of the language anyway. And what in the world does "Numa" mean anyway? (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7si10ipel0) And I am posting this video instead of the actual music video because watching two (really good looking, teenage) guys lip sync to the song is better than watching the actual music video. It's of O-Zone singing while standing on top of an airplane, okay? AN AIRPLANE. Talk about retarded.

17) "Whiter Shade Of Pale" by Procol Harum. This is one of my Dad's favorite songs. I used to hate it, but it's okay now I guess. It IS nice sounding, it sounds kind of sad. But it makes no sense at all. What's it about... a mermaid or something? I'm not getting it. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWULu5_nXI )

18) "Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles. I love the Beatles (♥)............. but I have a slight problem. I don't know about you, but I sure don't live in a yellow submarine. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCsYDZ2M04M )

19) "Just Lose It" by Eminem. This song is AWESOME, but it makes zero sense. I quote this song all the time - Mom, if you're reading, this is the one that Sarah and I scream on top of our lungs all the time: "It's Tuesday and I'm locked up, I'm in jail and I don't know what happened, They say I was running butt naked down the street screaming (HA-HA-HA-HA-HA). Well I'm sorry, I don't remember, all I know is this much, I'm not guilty. They said, "Save it, boy we gotcha you on tape, yellin' at an old lady 'Touch my body!'"". No, I'm not crazy. Warning - anyone over the age of 30, do not watch this video, or look for the song online somewhere. You will not like it, trust me. You just won't. Don't even attempt to listen to it. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3GqvW0R4tc )

20) "Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads. My best friend has coined a phrase, we say it all the time. It's called "pure dolphin chatter". This song is the perfect example of it. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5zFsy9VIdM )

21) "Purple People Eater" by Sheb Wooley. This dude was on some serious drugs when he wrote this. Major time. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE )

22) "Call Me Al" by Paul Simon. What... the............ It's so confusing!!!! (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqrKejQTynk )

23) "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. Yes, this is the real life Freddie, but in real life, we write real songs, so maybe it is fantasy after all. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI )

24) "Octopus's Garden" by the Beatles. For the record, I don't like this song. And not just because it's freaking weird. It's annoying. Did Lennon write this song? He was the one who did drugs the most, I think. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os4rKtzB4js )

25) "Dude Looks Like A Lady" by Aerosmith. I looooove this soooooong!! I get really confused though, the lyrics kind of.. oh, I don't know. It's awesome though! (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qRTu5I2loY )


Well, I guess that's it! I can't think of anything else, and I'm running out of time to type! =( I'll catch you all later!

Annagram


No comments:

Post a Comment