
So, I finally remembered that it was a Tuesday on a Tuesday. Lately, I have been forgetting to blog, but this time - THIS time! - I remembered. But, I have a little problem. I have no idea what to blog about. Sure, I could talk about Christmas, but first of all, it's over, and second of all, no one wants to hear someone go on about what they got. At least, not on a blog. Especially if they are a Beatles fan, and they got Abbey Road for Christmas (LIKE ME). Because they could go on and on about it for hours. Well, okay, not hours. Anyone who talks about a single album for hours on end either works in an advertising company, or they have a serious personality disorder.Who talks about music for hours on end? Oh. Me. I could also blog about New Years, but honestly? Boring. Although, I could talk about what I am doing for New Years (I am wrapping an exercise ball with tin foil, taping Christmas tree lights to it, and dropping it out of my bedroom window via a fishing pole (if I can ever fight my way far enough into the garage to find it), so that it's just like the ball drop in Times Square), but there's really not much to say about that. New Years is pretty boring in my opinion. People drink, sing annoying songs, throw confetti at each other (and PS, it takes like, 7 weeks to get glitter completely out of your hair), and make resolutions, aka "Promises I'm making because 1) it sounds good and 2) I swear to God I'll follow through with them this time, but in all reality, I'm not going to make it past February 15th." What's the point?
So, after much thinking, I decided that I'm not going to blog about anything. I've decided to resort to making lists again. Except about nothing in particular. I am breaking my main rule this time, which is to not talk about anything severely personal. Cos you know what? It doesn't even matter, does it? The only people who read this (three, that I can count) all know me. Soooo... it's not like I'm going to bore you all to death, am I? Or maybe I am. Too bad! X-out now if you don't want to hear anymore! Cos here we go.... I am going to list 25 completely random things about me. Ready? Go. (Oh, and by the way, I chose the picture for the blog simply because it's random. Or, it's random that I posted it anyway. Yeah.)
25 Random things about me:
1) My favorite injury that I got was one that I received from tap dancing on the top of a large Rubbermaid under-the-bed storage box when I was about 8-years old or so. I have a one-and-a-half inch scar on my thigh in the shape on an N from it. It's cool, cos my middle name starts with an N.
2) The first time I ever volunteered at a soup kitchen and homeless shelter, I was scared to death, thanks to the stories my Dad would tell me about how desperate homeless people are. (It was far from scary, just so you know).
3) I'm Baptist, my best friend is an Atheist, and we have never once gotten into an argument about religion. Which for anyone else would be amazing, but it's not really amazing to me. We both respect each other highly.
4) I was in a trivia club when I was younger, and I made it to the regional championships and wasn't allowed to finish because I got all the answers right, and they accused me of cheating (Which I wasn't).
5) I hate the color orange more than anything in the world.
6) When I get really mad, my eyes water.
7) I hate Coca-cola, but I have like, a trillion little glasses and coasters and such that have their logo on it, because it's so classy, and I completely adore it.
8) I'm a Grade-A student in everything except for Math, of which I get normally rank about a score of 70 in.
9) I hate Math. Science too. The only thing I ever liked in Science was chemistry, because I got to make things blow up.
10) I like to pour glue on my skin, let it dry, and then pull it off. I have cheap thrills.
11) I would HONESTLY rather have my fingernails ripped off of my hands than go skydiving. If I'm caught in a plane that's going down, and I have to parachute out, you can bet that I'm going down with the plane.
12) My first two words were "Bank" and "Money." Strangely, I don't like being near money.
13) I like being creative. Not as in "Arts and Crafts," but thinking of things that other people wouldn't normally think of, and coming at things from a different point-of-view.
14) I adore lateral thinking puzzles. I am amazingly good at them. And yet, critical thinking puzzles boggle my mind. I just do not get them at all.
15) I am obsessed with smelling good. The smell of "just plain" skin smells funny to me. I like perfume and scented soap and stuff like that. I also burn candles all the time because I like the house to smell delicious too.
16) I am also obsessed with people's voices. Like, really obsessed. Have you ever closed your eyes and listened to someone talk? It is so beautiful. And as far as physical features go, I could care less what someone looks like. As long as you've got a good voice. I love voices.
17) I am a radio DJ, flipping channels several times to find a good song. I don't tolerate bad music well. My family doesn't tolerate my channel flipping well either. So, when a bad song comes on and they make me leave it on, I sing along to the music in the most annoying voice possible until they make me stop.
18) Dancing/singing fruit makes me laugh. Seriously - the Fruit of the Loom commercials? Cracks me up every time.
19) I hate ice cream, but I think frozen yogurt is the best thing ever.
20) I live by the girl scouts rule: Always be prepared.
21) I am a MAJOR picky eater, and yet, I like trying new things. The idea of a lot of foods (Black Pudding for instance!!) make my stomach lurch, and yet, I'd probably try it, given the chance.
22) Green is my favorite color because it is the color of life.
23) I think baby animals are the cutest things in the world. Bunnies, baby monkeys, baby penguins (Biscuit!).... you name it. I say "Aww!" every single time I see a picture of one.
24) When I was little, I used to put on one of my Dad's ties and topcoats, and then rush outside to see him when he got home from work and surprise him by being dressed up just like him. Supposedly, it was cute. I think it's disturbing. I was a 7-year-old crossdresser. *Shudder*
25) I have a harmonica, and I make up little ditties on it all the time. Mind you, I have no idea how to play a harmonica properly, but I like making up my own little tunes. Same with the piano.
There! That's my twenty-five. What's one random thing about YOU? (And David Hasselhoff -- "I can't sing" doesn't count, cos I already know that.)
No comments:
Post a Comment